10 steps to incorporating in Delaware
Incorporation of a company in Delaware is straightforward as it can be completed within 1 week and does not require our Client to travel. Healy Consultants’ Delaware registered agent will complete the following registration procedures:
- Consultation: Before we commence the incorporation process, we request our Clients to i) sign our engagement letter ii) courier us the signed letter along with all the required due diligence documents and iii) settle engagement fees;
- Engagement planning: Our business incorporation experts will draft a detailed engagement plan for our Clients, detailing by week every step towards engagement completion. This plan will optimize work transparency and settle our Client’s expectations;
- We agree with our Client on the business entity type for the new company and sign the registered agent appointment agreement;
- Company name reservation: Next, the Client sends us their preferred business names (in order of preference). The availability of these names will be checked online and reserved with Delaware Division of Corporations.
- Filing of incorporation forms: After the entity name has been approved, our Delaware registered agent will complete and file the Certification Memo and Certificate of Formation with the Division of Corporations. If our clients plan to open corporate bank account, we will secure a Certificate of Good Standing and certify the corporate documents;
- Tax registration: Next, we will assist you in applying for a Federal Employment Identification Number (FEIN). This number will serve as your entity’s tax identification number. Please note this number is only required if you plan on hiring employees in the United States.
- Bank account opening (optional): After company incorporation, we will assist our Client open a corporate bank account for the new company. Since, it is not mandatory to open the corporate bank account in the US, our Clients will instruct their preferred banking jurisdiction;
- Recruitment and licensing: If the Client plans on hiring employees, we register the company with the Delaware Department of Labor. Furthermore, if our Clients will be conducting regulated activities, Healy Consultants will ascertain the licensing requirements. If any such requirement exists, we will prepare the forms and submit them to the relevant authority;
- Physical business premises: Our Client will need to provide us the address for their planned office in Delaware. If the Client doesn’t currently have a business address, Healy Consultants will be pleased to offer our Delaware virtual office service until the Client can find their own office space;
- Engagement completion: The process of Delaware company registration is now complete. Healy Consultants will courier a full company kit to our Client; the kit includes the original corporate documents, unopened bank correspondence and a feedback form.
Important documents required to setup a Delaware business
- Certified passport copies of the all shareholders, partners, directors and officers of the proposed company;
- Certified identity card or driver’s license of the all shareholders, partners, directors and officers of the proposed company;
- For each individual, an original or certified utility bill or equivalent address proof no older than 3 months;
- For corporate shareholders/partners, certified incorporation documents accompanied by a Certificate of Good Standing or Certificate of Incumbency.