9 steps to incorporating in Delaware
- Client due diligence and KYC: Prior to company registration, Healy Consultants Group PLC requires our Client to i) settle engagement fees; ii) return completed and signed colour copy of engagement letter, iii) furnish at least 75% of the required due diligence documents. Should our Client choose a Wilmington business address, our Client will need to notarise their passport with a USA notary. This can be done online.
- Corporate structure: Healy Consultants Group PLC’s in-house country expert for Delaware discusses our Client’s business activity in details and recommends the optimum corporate structure and designation of the company as member-managed or manager-managed for our Client’s specific business activity;
- Engagement planning: Our incorporation team drafts a detailed engagement project plan, mapping out by week each step to engagement completion, optimizing transparency, and setting Client expectations towards i) registration of the company incorporation process and ii) timelines to complete the company setup;
- Name reservation: Our Client provides their preferred company name for their new Delaware company. Healy Consultants Group PLC proceeds to reserve the company name with The State of Delaware;
- Submission of incorporation forms: Healy Consultants Group PLC’s in-house country experts prepare quality company incorporation forms including Operating Agreement of the company, and file the complete incorporation package with the applicable state agency;
- Tax registration: Healy Consultants Group PLC’s company incorporation team i) obtains the Taxpayer Identification Number from Internal Revenue Service and ii) files “Certificate of Assumed Name”, if applicable iii) pay Delaware franchise tax; iv) file “Certificates of Authority” in States (other than the State of organization) where the company will transact business. An expedited EIN tax ID application can be completed in five business days at a premium of US$395.
- Corporate bank account opening: Our in-house corporate bank account opening team will assist our Client to secure a local or international corporate bank account for the newly incorporated Delaware entity. Our Client deposits the paid-up capital/minimum deposit to the new corporate bank account. If required by our Client, our corporate banking team assists our Client with activation of the online banking tokens of the corporate bank account. Online corporate banking activation thereafter will take a minimum of 2 business weeks. For a Delaware turnkey company, our Client couriers bank signatory transfer forms to Healy Consultants Group PLC’s head office.
- Licensing and regulatory permit: If needed, Healy Consultants Group PLC assists our Client obtain state and local licenses and permits, as applicable (varies based on type of business).
- Engagement completion: Healy Consultants Group PLC couriers a full company kit to our Client, including original Delaware corporate documents, unopened bank correspondence, and a Client feedback survey;
Important documents required to setup a Delaware business
- Certified passport copies of the all shareholders, partners, directors and officers of the proposed company;
- Certified identity card or driver’s license of all shareholders, partners, directors and officers of the proposed company;
- For each individual, an original or certified utility bill or equivalent address proof no older than 3 months;
- For corporate shareholders/partners, certified incorporation documents accompanied by a Certificate of Good Standing or Certificate of Incumbency.
Latest information as of 2021