9 steps to incorporating in Delaware
Since 2003, Healy Consultants PLC helps our multi-national Clients register Delaware LLC’s. Considerations include:
- File organization documents with applicable state agency including name of the company and address of registered office of the company;
- Designation as member-managed or manager-managed;
- Execution of Operating Agreement including provisions re i) capital contributions ii) profit distribution and iii) details of management appointments;
- Obtain Taxpayer Identification Number from Internal Revenue Service;
- File “Certificate of Assumed Name,” if applicable;
- Pay Delaware franchise tax;
- Corporate bank account opening;
- File “Certificates of Authority” in States (other than the State of organization) where the company will transact business;
- Obtain state and local licenses and permits, as applicable (varies based on type of business).
Important documents required to setup a Delaware business
- Certified passport copies of the all shareholders, partners, directors and officers of the proposed company;
- Certified identity card or driver’s license of the all shareholders, partners, directors and officers of the proposed company;
- For each individual, an original or certified utility bill or equivalent address proof no older than 3 months;
- For corporate shareholders/partners, certified incorporation documents accompanied by a Certificate of Good Standing or Certificate of Incumbency.