10 steps to incorporating in Indonesia
- Prior to Indonesia business incorporation, our Client i) settles Healy Consultants’ fees, ii) signs and returns our Client Engagement Letter and iii) provides us all the required due diligence documents;
- Healy Consultants drafts a detailed Indonesia business incorporation engagement project, mapping out by week each step to incorporation engagement completion, optimising transparency and setting Client expectations;
- Healy Consultants reserves company name with the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights and prepares company deeds of establishment and articles of association to support Indonesia business incorporation. The exact corporate structure is agreed with our Client;
- Our Client supplies Healy Consultants with a lease agreement for their office premises. If this is not possible, Healy Consultants will supply virtual office services for 6 months until our Client finds their preferred business address;
- As part of the engagement, Healy Consultants assists our Client open a corporate bank account with HSBC or SCB Jakarta. Our Client deposits the paid up share capital of US$300,000 and supplies Healy Consultants with a certificate of deposit and bank statement;
- Healy Consultants applies for i) a certificate of company domicile ii) approval of the deed of establishment from the Ministry of Law and Human Rights and iii) the permanent business trading license from the Ministry of Industry and Trade iv) filing the manpower compulsory report and company regulations with the Ministry of Manpower and v) obtain a taxpayer registration number and a VAT collector number from the Tax Office;
- Healy Consultants prepare a 6 month business plan for the Capital Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM), called a Report of Capital Investment Activity. Thereafter Healy Consultants will submit a complete company incorporation application and the BKPM will issue an in-principle business license valid for 3 years;
- Subsequently, Healy Consultants assists our Client register his PMA with the Company Registry Office and receive a Company Incorporation Certificate within 30 days (Tanda Daftar Perusahaan or “TDP”). Thereafter, we submit an announcement in the State Gazette of the Republic of Indonesia;
- Healy Consultants couriers a full company kit to our Client, including original Indonesia corporate documents translated in English, unopened bank correspondence and a Client feedback survey;
- To support Indonesia incorporation, Healy Consultants provides our Client an Indonesian business address for invoicing purposes. Additionally, many Clients request telephone, fax and email support for their company following entity establishment. Alternatively, our Client may request a full Indonesia virtual office.
Frequently asked questions
Will I need to travel to incorporate a company in Indonesia?No. Healy Consultants does not require our Clients to travel for the company incorporation process.
If I incorporate a limited company in Indonesia, can it be fully foreign owned?Yes, a wholly foreign owned company in Indonesia, called the PMA, can be incorporated with a share capital of US$100,000.