Guidelines for webpage writing in 2023
Healy Consultants Group’s 2020 goal is to have the world’s best website in our industry. High quality, informative, relevant and up to date web pages are fundamental to this goal.
A well-written webpage i) will convince visitors that we are the best business set up solution and be our best sales and marketing tool ii) will be recognised as quality content by Google, and will therefore rank highly on search engines and iii) supports our Firm’s Thought Leadership strategy.
Before writing a webpageBefore writing a webpage, please complete the following:
- A review of information from reputable sources including i) our main competitors’ websites ii) the Investment Promotion authority of the country you are researching iii) reports from one of the Big 4 accounting and audit firms iv) global indices from agencies such as the World Bank and Economist Intelligence Unit and v) news reports from reputable agencies, websites, newspapers and magazines;
- The best source of quality tax information are PDF reports from the big four audit Firms and similar organisations. Check out Deloitte, E&Y, PwC and KPMG. You find these reports by Google searching the business term ‘Doing business in (Country Name)’;
- Choose information recently published, e g.2019 or 2020. Do not use reports published in the early 2010s;
- Do not copy paste content from any reports. Prepare original content by reformulating the information in your own words. This is the first step to avoid the risk of duplicate content, which will negatively affect our Google rankings and might make us liable to accusations of plagiarism;
- Whenever possible, feel free to share a skeleton page (headers and one liners re content under dropdowns) with the person responsible to review your page, before starting to draft it;
- Review pages of our business website which promote similar products or services for tips on page structure. For example, if you have a page about Hong Kong SVF to write, look at the existing Singapore SVF page;
When writing a webpageWhen you write a new webpage, keep in mind:
- Keep the page simple – information to be summarized in one-line bullet points, maximum two lines;
- Whenever possible, prepare comparison tables rather than paragraphs of text. The information you publish is easier to digest this way;
- Each time you write one line, ask yourself two questions: “Is this content useful to a reader who wants to setup this type of company in this specific country and will help make up their mind?” and “Is this content unavailable elsewhere on rival websites”?
- If your answer to these two questions is yes, then the content is usually good. If your answer to one of these two questions is no, then no need to include this sentence, it will be counterproductive;
- Remember – the webpage you are writing is to be read by sophisticated Clients, who have already spent weeks or months on their business plans and research. Your webpage will be the icing on the cake. These are the Clients we want to close;
- A webpage is not a summary of everything you learnt while reviewing reports and other sources of information. Instead, it is a summary of only what is relevant to our Clients. This includes your personal insights and experiences. For example, ‘in our experience the IRAS is fair and reasonable’ or ‘the Brazil companies registry is slow to respond to requests’;
- The majority of web pages have the following characteristics:
- The web page will start with Since 2003, Healy Consultants Group helps multi-national Clients’ with…………….
- The web page has drop down headings;
- The web page has yellow bullet points;
- The web page always deals with timelines and fees and has a Conclusion para;
- When possible, include on the web page i) a sales invoice and ii) some business photos and iii) a video and iv) a simple, practical, diagram with color and v) a detailed comparison table; comparing and contrasting ….
After writing a webpage and before publishing itAfter writing a webpage and before going live with it, complete the following:
- Ensure hyperlinks are live and relevant;
- Remind IT to add important keywords which should appear in your webpage, in a way that looks natural to the reader (no keyword stuffing);
- Avoid repeating “Healy Consultants Group” in each and every sentence. Also use ‘My Firm’;
- IT will also run a keyword density check and verify the density stays within acceptable parameter (usually 1% to 10% for most keywords, but this range is indicative only);
- Ask IT to come with metatags for the page, them to then rank the page through the implementation of our in-house SEO strategies.
- Stop writing web pages as a 30-year-old employee and write web pages for a potential multi-national 50-year-old Client;
- Our average Client is a multi-national 50-year-old businessman, who has travelled the world and done business with every nationality. He usually knows what he wants and is full of common sense and commercial reality. He has zero time for bull shit and irrelevant information. He is always short of time and wants you to get to the point as fast as possible. Our web pages to tell him what he doesn’t know;
- The average person is in a hurry and stressed and cannot spend much time reading our country web pages. Because people rush so much, they are easily overwhelmed / intimidated by web pages with large paragraphs. Consequently, our web pages to have multiple short bullet points;
- Every word you write must add value to a potential Client. Every sentence you write must add value to a potential Client. If it does not add value, do not write it. Do not waste your time and waste a reader’s time;
- Avoid general, valueless statements like ‘Germany has the safest banks in the world’. Instead, write a sentence that is relevant to a potential Client – like ‘Healy Consultants Group recommend our multi-national Clients’ house their funds in top tier banks only, in major financial cities in developed countries. Germany is an example of a country with low bank failure risk. Because of the current global depression and over the coming years, countless international banks will go bankrupt; just like the 2008 global fin crisis;
- Be bold and have an opinion that is backed up with third-party web links. Be brave and state what is wrong with a country, backed up with third-party web links. For example, see this web page;
- If you have completed a business set up in a country for a Client, then you are the best person to write about business set up in that country. Write the truth without fear. Multi-national Clients will pick up on this and they will appreciate our country web pages;
- Be different and write what is not on competitors’ web pages;
- Don’t try to sell a jurisdiction or promote it. Stay neutral and factual and write the good and the bad re business set up in that country. This is what inspires multi-national Clients to choose us;
- Do not email poor quality web pages to your supervisor because it forces your manager to re-write your work. Adding to your managers workload is selfish and disrespectful;
- Over the past years, country web pages written by Aidan Healy include Saudi Arabia and Delaware and Luxembourg. On these web pages, get ideas of sentences and paragraphs you could use and structure;
- Country web pages written by Staff are the property of Healy Consultants Group.
Healy Consultants Group is an e-commerce company. The majority of our sales come from our business website that is found on Google. The higher the quality of our country web pages, the better-quality Clients’ we attract. Our preferred multi-national Clients’ are PLC companies. These companies want to read on our web pages, that which cannot be found anywhere else on the planet.